The User must:
- Be able to perform a safe standing or a sideways transfer on to the beach chair without assistance from the BeachAbility supporters.
- Have sufficient balance to sit upright in the beach chair without additional support.
The Hoist User must:
- Additionally bring a helper trained in manual handling who will take responsibility for the transfer.
- Provide their own transfer sling.
The User will provide:
- Personal details of name, email address, telephone number and proof of identification when requested.
- A helper who is fit enough to push the chair and control the chair on the slipways and soft sand.
The User accepts responsibility:
- To use the chair only on the beach and not enter sea with the chair or travel on the road.
- To ensure that the wheelchair is suitable for their needs.
- To use the wheelchair and transfer equipment completely at their own risk.
- To take full responsibility for the wheelchair and return it in good condition.
- To be liable for any damages sustained to the chair or third parties whilst on loan.
- To report any defects or concerns to BeachAbility.
- To leave personal belongings in BeachAbility sheds at their own risk.
Under Covid-19 the User agrees:
- not to use the chair if they show signs of the symptoms of Covid-19 as described on the Gov.je website
- maintain one metre distance from the BeachAbility Supporter
- clean the chair and touch points within the facility using the virucidal products provided
- dispose of the single use cleaning materials away from the facility after use
FOR YOUR SAFETY WE ADVISE
- Wear the seatbelt provided
- Take care on the slipways, they can be steep
- Keep within walking speed
- Take precautions fore safety in the sun
- Observe the tides
- Helpers wear secure shoes
Privacy Notice for Users of BeachAbility Facilities
BeachAbility has collected the following personal information from you when you enquired to use our services as a regular user.
This includes your name, telephone number and email address
Your personal information will only be used to process your requests to use our service and to provide you with information relating to our service. We do not pass on your information to any third parties.
Communications in connection with BeachAbility may be via email and text and will not be sent in an encrypted form. These are not fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects, we cannot bear responsibility for all communication being virus-free.
BeachAbility will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us.
The personal information collected from you will be deleted after you have used our service. If you elect to become a Regular User and have independent access to our beach wheelchairs, your information will be held for the period you wish to access the service.
If you would like your information deleted from our records, please email us at email@example.com