The User must:
- Be able to perform a safe standing or a sideways transfer on to the beach chair without assistance from the BeachAbility supporters.
- Have sufficient balance to sit upright in the beach chair without additional support.
The Hoist User must:
- Additionally bring a helper trained in manual handling who will operate the hoist and take responsibility for the transfer.
- Provide their own transfer sling.
(A manual handling trained BeachAbility supporter can assist with the hoist transfer)
The User will provide:
- Personal details of name, address, telephone number and proof of identification when requested.
- A helper who is fit enough to push the chair and control the chair on the slipways and soft sand.
The User accepts responsibility:
- To use the chair only on the beach and not enter sea with the chair or travel on the road.
- To ensure that the wheelchair is suitable for their needs.
- To use the wheelchair completely at their own risk.
- To take full responsibility for the wheelchair and return it in good condition.
- To be liable for any damages sustained to the chair or third parties whilst on loan.
- To report any defects or concerns to BeachAbility.
- To leave personal belongings in BeachAbility sheds at their own risk
BeachAbility will collect personal information from you when you enquire to use our services.
This may include your name, telephone number, physical address and email address.
We will also ask you for information on your physical ability so that you may safely use our equipment.
Your personal information will only be used to process your request and to provide you with our service.
Communications in connection with BeachAbility may be via email and text and will not be sent in an encrypted form. These are not fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects, we cannot bear responsibility for all communication being virus-free.
BeachAbility will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us.
The personal information collected from you will be deleted immediately after you have used our service.
If you elect to use our services on a regular basis we shall store your information for one year and will contact you annually thereafter to update and correct any information on our records. If you would like your information deleted from our records please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org