BeachAbility is for any person who finds that, for whatever reason, they have difficulty to walk on the beach.
People who have used our beach wheelchairs include:
- People with long term disability from conditions such as stroke; multiple sclerosis; Parkinson’s; head injury; motor neurone disease; spinal injury and cerebral palsy.
- People with temporary mobility impairment such as those with a leg in plaster.
- People who are weakened by medical conditions such as breathing difficulties or cancers.
- The elderly, who are not disabled but may be frail and find the beach a challenging environment to walk on.
- Those who would like to attend weddings, birthday parties and family gatherings.